Improvement of planning & control cycle, SOx compliance, and SAP FI-CO implementation
Internationally operating industrial company specializing in technical solutions in the field of energy/water and food.
The initial assignment concerned an interim position bridging a period of absence for a position in the Finance & Control department with a focus on Financial Planning & Analysis. The reason for this was the departure of the previous controller and the planned move of an internal candidate to the position. In addition to filling the position, a SAP implementation had been planned and the organization had the intention to centralize part of the finance duties.
- Primary focus on filling the existing role and standardization and further development of the existing information flows;
- Participating in the standardization of projects of various entities, including implementation within the own entity;
- Supporting and assisting in the realization of the SOx framework at the local level;
- Implementation of SAP FI-CO (Finance & Control) in the role of key user, acting also as ‘bridge-builder’ between the different modules;
- Stabilizing and transferring the (financial) organization after the implementation of SAP, including end-of-month statements.
After successful implementation of SAP and re-assignment of the key duties within the existing organization, a supporting role was carried out briefly, for the duration of the SAP implementation at one of the other project entities of this international organization.